- The 10th International Conference on goats has welcome 550 participants.
- Among them, a large number (330) were students, breeders, technicians and scientists from the Brazilian Region of “Nord –Este” with important social issues in the fight against hunger and poverty.
- The Latin American scientific works on goats and small livestock were largely discussed with the participants of all over the world (138 foreign participants from all continents).
- The Brazilian case study has been discussed and compared with those of other continents with very active participants of project planning and development international experts. The methodological issues were important to improve innovation and initiatives.
- Many interesting ideas and proposals were debated to improve the quality and impact of goats and small livestock projects.
- The partnerships that were created in order to conduct this conference have generated positive synergy and collaboration.
To organize such a Conference only 2 years after Queretaro was a challenge. Thanks to the perseverance of the organizing committee and the always more and more coordinated cooperation of all the Brazilian organizations and their financial involvement, a real new type of event has been achieved: Training, debates, didactic product presentations, without forgetting good scientific presentations. Several out comes at short and mid-term are likely.
What has been sewed in Brazil will keep growing here and more largely in every part of the world involved in goats, small livestock and rural development with always more international impact.