Aim of Conference
Promoting healthy farming of dairy goat, accelerating up-gradation of milk product.
Theme of Conference
Communication, Innovation, Development, Win-win
The conference will begin on October 18th and will last for 3 days. Registration is scheduled for October 18. The Opening Ceremony will start on October 19th.
Tiancheng Garden of Fuping County, Shaanxi.
Main content of Conference
October 19 – Opening ceremony (30 min)
Welcome message from the host, from the President of the International Association of Goats, from China Dairy Industry Association, Dairy Association of China, Dairy Industry Office of Ministry of Agriculture, from Agriculture Department, Technology Department, Commerce and Industry Department of Shaanxi province, from municipal government of Weinan City, and from Fuping county government.
Report of dairy goat industry development (3 hours)
- The global dynamic development of goat industry (President of IGA, 30 min)
- The new interpretation of Chinese dairy policy (representative from The National Dairy Industry Association, Dairy Association of China, Milk Office in Ministry of agriculture and so on, 30 min)
- Development strategy of Chinese dairy goat industry (30 min)
- Provinces reports of dairy goat industry development (representative from the province of Shaanxi, Shandong and Yunnan, 60 min)
Development Reports from Enterprises (4 companies, 30 min)
Reports from famous experts in industry technological innovation (afternoon at 19th)
- Report content (Breeding, healthy farming, disease prevention and control, products processing, goat farm designing and so on)
- Experts reports (7 experts from America, France, Australian, New Zealand, Italy, Holland, Israel, 15-20 min per expert, 120 min total)
October 20 – Reports from national experts
- Reports from 8 experts, 15 min per person, 120 min totally
Farms visiting (Afternoon of October 20th)
- Visiting and demonstration of activities of goat farming, machine milking and dairy goat milk processing stations in Shaanxi Hongxing, Shaanxi Jinniu, Shaanxi Shengtang, Xi’an Baiyue Dairy Co. LTD and so on.
We wanted to give you some early information about the planned Dairy Goat Conference in China’s Shaanxi Province, Fuping County.
The conference on Goat Milk Quality in Norway in June 2013 made a deep impression on many of our friends in China. The opportunity to meet experts from so many other countries has prompted them to plan a conference for November 2014.
Now is a particularly important time in China, as their government is paying close attention to the development of dairy industry and the creation of “cow and dairy goat co-development strategy” policies. The number of dairy goats in China is about 13 million in 2013, with 2.4 million in Shaanxi alone and 85% of goat milk processing enterprises in China are in the Shaanxi Province. The dairy products by them account for 87% of the goat milk market in China.
November was chosen, because the “China Yangling Agricultural Hi-Tech Fair (CAF)” will take place at the same time, so the conferences will be carried out as part of a larger program. The CAF has extensive impact in and out of china, and this will greatly increase the importance of the Dairy Goat Conference.
For more information contact Huaiping Shi (associate professor), Bingyun Cao (professor) or Jun Luo (professor) at the Northwest A&F University, China.