Frequently Asked Questions
WHICH IGA MEMBERSHIP Should you choose?
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN an IGA MEMBERSHIP?
- IGA memberships are effective for 1 year from the date you join.
- Most IGA memberships include online access to Small Ruminant Research. The $10 student membership and the $200 lifetime membership do not include SRR.
- Access to the MEMBERS area of the IGA website, where you get exclusive information, access to IGA member documents, etc.
- We aggregate the best news and most important goat information for you in the IGA Newsletter.
- Submit articles for publication in the IGA Newsletter.
- We link you with your global colleagues providing you the opportunity to interact at conferences, through the Journal, and online.
- Opportunities for leadership and participation in IGA committees.
- Contribute to the national and global agenda for small ruminant production and consumption through scientifically sound and sensible policies.
- IGA is the voice of goat researchers and producers at national and international levels.
- The chance to become part of the IGA Consulting Group and participate in upcoming IGA projects.
WHY DOES IGA CHARGE LATE FEES and what are they?
The IGA is a non-profit organization. Our goal is to provide members with the best services possible. In order to provide these services members should pay their dues on time. When members delay their renewal, even if it is just one month, the IGA has to pay to fill in that gap. Rather than raising membership fees to defray these costs, we have decided to institute a late payment fee structure. This policy went into effect on January 1, 2017.
You will accrue a $10 late fee when your membership renewal is more than 1 month late. You will accrue an additional $5 for each additional month. Please note that the maximum late fee will never be more than $50.
If you have a $10 student membership or a $25 developing countries membership, then your maximum late fee will correspond with those. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.