Community Based Breeding Program (CBBP)
Hosaena, Ethiopia, 27–28 March 2018
- Resource base and contribution
- Small ruminant research focus areas
- Summary of national research activities (breed improvement, feeding, health, market linkage)
- Overview of small ruminant CBBP research in the country (consider some CBBP sites: no of farmers, cooperatives, animals in CBBP, major achievements and so on)
- Challenges and options
- Future direction
- The human population of Ethiopia by the down of 2017 is estimated to pass the 100 million mark (FAOSTAT, 2017).
- The projected human population is estimated at 106 and 129 million in 2020 and 2030, respectively. According to FAOSTAT (2017), 80.5% of the population are rural dwellers.
Feeding this huge population sustainably could be a great challenge for the nation!!