Why graze meat goats with beef cattle?
- To clean up pastures of unwanted vegetation.
- Goats are natural browsers
- Given the opportunity, goats will select over 60% of their daily ration from brush (multiflora rose, saplings, young leafy trees, black locust, briars, brambles, sumac, honeysuckle, privet, Virginia trumpet creeper, etc.) and broadleaf weeds (pigweed, dock, horseweed, wild lettuce, lambsquarters, poison ivy, etc.) over herbaceous species such as fescue, bluegrass, clover, orchardgrass or crabgrass pastures
- In that respect, goats do not compete much with beef cattle
- To increase productivity per acre of land grazed by beef cattle