FEAGAS was founded in 1982 as a technical and representative national forum for member organizations. They are the largest umbrella organization focused on livestock breeds in Spain.
They represent 106 Spanish purebred livestock organizations, covering cattle, sheep, goats (14 goat breeders associations), pigs, horses, etc. Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment and the Autonomous Communities has officially recognized them to manage and coordinate actions related to the herd books and the breeding of the livestock.
- Preservation, improvement and sustainable use of livestock breeds in Spain.
- To represent, manage and defend the interests of its Member Organizations, both in Spain and abroad.
- FEAGAS collaborates with public bodies/institutions, universities, research centers, etc. for the conservation, breeding, management and sustainable use of Spanish livestock breeds.
- FEAGAS organizes the participation of the Spanish livestock breeds in the national and international purebred exhibitions, officially approved by MAGRAMA.
Activities of FEAGAS:
- Representation and defense of the purebred livestock sector.
- Representation and Institutional defense
- Awareness raising and divulgation
- Optimization of resources
- Conservation, breeding, development and sustainable use of the AnGR.
- Development and management
- Management of subsidies for the development of herd books and breeding programs
- Organization of Livestock exhibitions
- Research and innovation activities.
- Collaboration with universities and research institutes
- Activities of promotion of livestock breeds.
- Capacity building
- Technical Committees
To learn more, visit their website: feagas.com