Dwór Ostoja, Klimkówka and The Institute’s Experimental Station in Odrzechowa
Conference subject: breeding of the Carpathian Goats, implementation of the conservation program, veterinary prevention, and quality of goat products.
The conference “Native goat breeds and traditional dairy products” was organized by the National Research Institute of Animal Production, Department of Sheep and Goat Breeding within the project BIOSTRATEG II “Use and protection of genetic resources of livestock in sustainable development conditions.” It took place at the Institute’s Experimental Station in Odrzechowa (Poland) on October 9th and 10th, 2018.
- breeding of the Carpathian Goats in Poland;
- restitution of the other two local Polish breeds: Sandomierz and Kazimierz goats;
- implementation of the conservation program of the local breeds;
- quality of goat products;
- local goat populations and traditional goat products in the world;
- promotion of regional products;
- influence of grassland on the quality of the goat products in an organic farm.
Tasting of goat dairy products, from Carpathian goats’ breeders, took place. At the end of the conference, the participants visited the Experimental Farm of the National Research Institute of Animal Production in Odrzechowa, including the Carpathian goat herd.