We wanted to let you know of an upcoming change in our membership policy. As you know, over the past few years we have made some valuable changes and added a lot of new benefits for IGA members.
- IGA memberships are effective for 1 year from the date you join.
- All IGA memberships include online access to Small Ruminant Research.
- Access to the MEMBERS area of the IGA website, where you get exclusive information, access to IGA member documents, etc.
- We aggregate the best news and most important goat information for you in the IGA Newsletter.
- Submit articles for publication in the IGA Newsletter.
- We link you with your global colleagues providing you the opportunity to interact at conferences, through the Journal, and online.
- Opportunities for leadership and participation in IGA committees.
- Contribute to the national and global agenda for small ruminant production and consumption through scientifically sound and sensible policies.
- IGA is the voice of goat researchers and producers at national and international levels.
- And we will soon be adding a new benefit to this list: The chance to become part of the IGA Consulting Group and participate in upcoming IGA projects.
These improvements are only possible when members pay their dues on time. When members delay their renewal, even if it is just one month, then the IGA has to pay to fill in that gap. Rather than raising membership fees to defray these costs, we have decided to institute a late payment fee structure. This new policy will go into effect beginning on January 1, 2017.
You will accrue a $10 late fee when your membership renewal is more than 1 month late. You will accrue an additional $5 for each additional month. Please note that the maximum late fee will never be more than the cost of a basic IGA membership. If you qualify for the reduced membership level, then your maximum late fee will correspond with the "Developing Countries Basic IGA Membership".
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Christian De Vries, IGA's Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.